Tavern League Newsroom

Wisconsin Carryout Laws

March 17, 2020

We have had a number of questions about the laws regarding the sale of alcohol for off premise consumption from taverns and restaurants. Below is the state law which does permit Class B licensee holders to sell alcohol for off premise consumption.

Wisconsin Carryout Laws

Along with the ability to sell beverages on-premise, your license also permits the sale of beer, wine and intoxicating spirits for off-premise consumption as long as you comply with the following restrictions:

  • No off-premise sales between midnight and 6 AM. (Local governments have the ability to further restrict.)
  • Beverages must be in original sealed containers
  • No limit on quantity of beer or intoxicating liquor. (2019 Wisconsin Act 6 removed the 4 liter restriction on intoxicating liquor.)
  • Sales must be face-to-face and must be made on licensed premise. Online sales and delivery is not allowed under current law.
We use cookies to personalize and improve your experience with our website. You may opt-out of the use of cookies. Learn more in our Privacy Policy.